We’ve heard for months that jewel tones would be a hot fall trend and now they’ll keep shimmering on the runways through 2013. Last week color authority Pantone declared Emerald Green as the 2013 color of the year, making this radiant, lush green a topic of conversation all over the blogosphere. We love the regal, bold hue and scoured the web for creative ways to incorporate it into your big day. Whether emerald is your main theme or an accent color, we love each of these elegant embellishments that will add some charm to your main event.
1. Kale, green hydrangea, and sprigs of rosemary add texture and depth to this fresh bridal bouquet.
2. We adore custom maps in invitations – they’re an easy way to wow your guests with custom, unique pieces in your invitation suite. This one by Mr. Boddington stands out in bright green and will help your guests find their way during your wedding weekend.
3. The exact emerald Pantone color is #17-5641 and you can order a swatch for your wedding binder right off their site. Refer to the swatch when meeting with vendors so they can really share your vision!
4. For a discreet nod to the hot color, paint your nails or toes with emerald green polish (encourage your maids to do the same!) and make sure your photographer snaps a shot for your photo book.
5. We love a statement necklace for the reception – it completely transforms your gown into a whole new look for the party portion of the evening. This stunning bib necklace drips with emerald colored crystals and is (surprisingly) totally affordable!
6. One-shoulder gowns create a fun yet classic neckline AND are on-trend this year. Light and flowy silk chiffon gives the dreamy Lucienne gown by J.Crew a timeless silhouette in the “monterey pine” shade.
7. DON’T: buy your maids custom beer coozies and DO: buy them lovely wear-again jewelry they’ll thank you for, just like these gorgeous Etsy emerald green drop earrings they can wear time and time again.
9. We’re ALL OVER the vintage engagement ring trend lately and are obsessed with this oval emerald and micropavé ring. Using a gemstone as your main stone means your fiancé will get more bang for his buck, and you’ll get a bigger rock. Everyone wins!
10. Our dream come true: sheer gorgeousness in the form of an emerald chevron wedding cake. Almost too pretty to eat!