7.9 million viewers (us very much included) tuned in this past Sunday for the season 3 U.S. premiere of Downton Abbey – and we’re THRILLED to welcome the Crawley household back into our lives! We’ve missed Lady Mary’s cold heart, Mr. Carson’s tightly run ship and the Dowager’s witty one-liners (Dowager: “When I’m with her, I’m reminded of the virtues of the English.” Matthew: “Isn’t she American?” Dowager: “Exactly.”). For us period piece fanatics, Downton brings us into the fascinating world of upstairs and downstairs – when men wore tails to dinner and ladies wore (LOTS of) diamonds and pearls.
On Sunday, Lady Mary and Cousin Matthew were finally married and we loved her royal look. That veil! That tiara! We think a modern day Downton wedding would be just gorgeous, so we pulled our favorite 1920’s-inspired pieces together in an inspiration board fit for Her Ladyship – enjoy!
1. The capped sleeves on this modernized vintage gown make us swoon – and the back is just as impressive.
2. Simply inserted into your updo, this luxe Swarovski crystal-studded hair comb adds style and sophistication to your bridal look. Want to mimic Lady Mary? We love this bridal headband – and the price can’t be beat!
3. The lady Crawleys love their long necklaces and we think this elegant strand of pearls would flatter any neckline.
4. We’d like to sip Dom Perignon all day long, and then hand our empties to a handsome footman. These unique, weighted champagne flutes are a great registry item at Tiffany!
5. OK, so Edith probably didn’t own a faux-fur shrug, but we think this one would be a cozy complement to any winter bridal gown.
6. We’ve been obsessed with fascinators since we fell in love with Kate Middleton. They’re epically British, and this one would look lovely paired with a sweet honeymoon getaway outfit.
7. A French macaron tower is so chic! Plus, the delicate pastries are much easier for ladies to nibble on than traditional buttercream wedding cake.
8 & 9. Vintage Chanel? Yes, please! London-based The Vintage Wedding Dress Company offers a variety of vintage bridal accessories, including bags, jewelry, and wraps.
10. Your feet will be completely flattered in these ivory suede and crystal pumps by Emmy London. Want to get really fancy? Order the bespoke version specified to your desired heel height!
11. All ladies wear gloves, and we think these lace beauties (made by Cornelia James, glove maker to Queen Elizabeth II herself!) would make for some incredible wedding day photos.