One piece of bridal attire that’s often overlooked is the all-important handbag. Yes, your girls will be all over you to fetch glasses (and glasses, and glasses) of champagne and your wedding planner will have her “emergency kit” on hand to fix any hair out of place, but you still need a place to store your stuff. You’ll need lip gloss for a post-ceremony touch up, your cell phone for a selfie with your handsome new husband, and a few other important items (let’s face it, having an emergency tampon never hurt anyone). You don’t want to ruin your well-thought-out bridal look with a plucked-from-the-bowels-of-your-closet-years-old purse, now do you?
It might seem like a small thing but it’s a great detail to have fun with! Here are a few of our current favorite bridal bags for any kind of fête. Don’t want to spend a lot of money on a new bag? We included a few beauties from Rent The Runway that will have you strolling down the aisle in style!
1. This Floral lace clutch from Kotur ($395) is perfect for a summer garden wedding. We love the cheerful pattern and gold clasp detail!
2. You’ll see a few “box” clutches in this post because we just love how they compliment any kind of gown with a little structure. This Halston Heritage Vapor Sting Clutch ($40, RTR) is a great subtle-but-classy piece and you can’t beat the price!
3. Nicole Richey’s House of Harlow is such a stylish collection, and we think the Marley Clutch ($195) is a chic “something blue” with a little rocker flair (did you catch the serpent closure?).
4. Living on the CT coast I am always drawn to nautical style, and this Kate Spade All Aboard Ship Clutch ($55, RTR) is an amazing SUPER FUN statement piece for a soirée by the shore!
5. Your wedding is your time to shine and this a-thread Sparkly Ruched Clutch ($59) sparkles like a diamond! We love this simple but sweet ruched bag and can see it paired with skinny jeans and heels for a girls night on the town after your big day!
6. Judith Leiber is the queen of clutches. There’s no way we could ever afford one of her signature bags (they retail for THOUSANDS), so we love Rent The Runway for giving us access to the Gold Fortune Cookie Clutch ($225, RTR). A beautiful, classic and very special addition to your look!
7. For the destination bride (or we could see this on Nantucket!) we love the preppy, woven wicker J.Crew Havana Clutch ($88).