I recently had the pleasure of attending a dear friend’s wedding at the gorgeous Newagen Seaside Inn in Boothbay, Maine and I quickly fell completely in love with “Vacationland” (as the Maine license plates so perfectly state). After dancing the night away under a spectacular Sperry tent, the boy & I made our way from Boothbay, through Portland, and ultimately ended in Kennebunkport for a 2-night stay.
Throughout our entire trip I couldn’t stop dreaming up all of the perfect ways to host a wedding in Maine, from the favors to the jaw-dropping seaside venues. As we settled into our temporary digs at The Cottages at Cabot Cove I stumbled upon an issue of Ocean Ave and was delighted to find a destination wedding guide! Not surprisingly, the venue categorized by “no expenses spared” caught my eye and I decided that I just HAD to go check out the space…so off we went to Hidden Pond – a laid-back luxury resort on 60 wooded acres.
With multiple event spaces and the opportunity to have exclusive use of the property you can create your own little compound and host a truly unforgettable experience. I could go on and on about the beauty of the grounds and the outstanding “farm to fork” meals but I’ll stop here, encourage you to check out their site, and share with you some essentials for pulling together an aMAINEzing wedding…
- Forgo a traditional wedding cake & invite your guests to feast on the state’s official treat: whoopie pies!
- You can’t visit Maine without chowing down on lobster rolls, so serving a bite-sized version during your cocktail hour is a must!
- Give a nod to Maine’s state berry & support the local Stonewall Kitchen by using customizable jars of Wild Main Blueberry Jam as favors.
- You essentially can’t walk into a boutique in Maine without coming across Sea Bags, so these unique wine bags serve as the perfect welcome gift! The bags are meant to be re-gifted, allowing each new recipient to track the journey via the label on the back. Start the journey of the traveling bag by including your wedding date & your guest’s name on the label.
- We love these old-school bottles of Maine’s state soda, Moxie, & envision placing them on a rustic table & topping them off with some paper straws.
Tell us what you love about Maine…and if you have yet to visit the great state we highly recommend planning a trip in the near future!